The Dixie Henhouse Homestead at Ellis Farms

The Dixie Henhouse Homestead at Ellis Farms

Thursday, March 21, 2013

About Me

First off, let me say, that I am new to the Blogging world. I am learning as I go. Please be patient as I navigate this new world.

Let me start by telling you a little about myself. My husband and I have been married since 1997. We have known each other since Kindergarten (I know....Awwww). Haha. We have a son (Andrew) and a daughter (Addison). Drew is 11 and Addi is 4 1/2. We live on a small family owned "farmette" as I like to call it, in the Foothills of North Carolina.

By day, I work as a Juvenile Court Counselor working with youth within the juvenile justice system. I teach part-time in the Psychology Dept. of a local community college as well. I am a graduate of Appalachian State University (BS Psychology, BS Criminal Justice) and a graduate of Gardner-Webb University (MA Counseling).

About a year ago, we got "a wild hair" and decided to build a chicken coop and get "a few" chickens for fresh eggs. A FEW has turned into 14 total and is likely to continue to growing. I'm quite obsessed and I have no problem admitting it. We have now finished construction on a barn and we are preparing to get into dairy goats. I'm interested in learning how to make goat cheese and soap.

I envision this blog to be full of my thoughts, interests, likes, and dislikes....which I will warn you....can be quite schizophrenic in nature. I turned 40 in November and I have found that my "filter" has flown slap off my mouth and I pretty much say whatever I'm thinking.....which sometimes shoots myself in the foot. But that's OK too.

I hope you will follow the daily adventures of me and my little family. I hope it's informative. If nothing else, it's sure to be entertaining.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you joined the world of blogging! http://therichardfamily3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following along. Maybe I will get a few ideas for my little backyard garden from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed planting with the kids last weekend. I can't wait to put the warm weather veggies in like squash, cucumbers, okra, peppers, etc.

      Delete