The Dixie Henhouse Homestead at Ellis Farms

The Dixie Henhouse Homestead at Ellis Farms

Thursday, March 21, 2013

What You Might See Here

Seriously....I'm as normal as can be. BUT, I have certain quirks and oddities that I find interesting that you may see pop up on here from time to time.

I am addicted to mindless reality TV. I can't help it. It's like a train wreck and I can't look away. Some of my favorites are So You Think You Can Dance, The Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, The Voice, Hoarders, American Pickers....God I could list a thousand!!!

I love 80's music. I was born in 1972 so it fits and I can't lose it. I have an insane taste in music....anything from RUSH to Lil Wayne to Korn and Metallica.....all the way to Rascal Flatts, George Strait, and Jason Aldean. I love just about anything. My co-workers get a taste of my craziness because I tend to sing and typically the computer has Pandora playing so you never know what's coming out of the speakers at any given time.

We love to eat at my house. Good old home southern cookin'! And my weight reflects it. That being said, I've been on a weight loss journey since July 2012. I have lost almost 35 lbs and I have drastically changed my eating habits and I'm exercising more. I still have a long way to go though. 

I am an avid reader and I love crime shows. I own a Kindle Fire and it is never far from my reach. I love the written word and I encourage my kids to do the same. I have read the Twilight series, 50 Shades, Hunger Games. The next series I hope to start soon is the Sookie Stackhouse series. I love mystery suspense books which goes along with the crime shows. Some of my favorite authors are Kathy Reichs, James Patterson, and Patricia Cornwell.
We watch Bones, Criminal Minds, and CSI. I getting into the new show, The Following, as well.


An oddity in my TV watching....The Walking Dead. I've always been a fan of horror movies as well but I'm OBSESSED with this show!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just started watching The Walking Dead. I like horror movies. Although I'm not really sure why. They stress me out to no end. And I swear after every one I will never watch another. Yet I do. And then last week I cozies up to Netflix on my Kindle Fire and chose to start The Walking Dead. What was I thinking? I can't look away, yet I think it's going to give me a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no clue why we are so into Walking Dead. Even Drew, who is 11, watches it. I hide my face, gasp, scream, the whole deal....but every week that DVR is set! LOL

      Delete
  2. Have you read anything by Diana Gabaldon? I love, love, LOVE the Outlander series!! I've read it through several times...would be completely and utterly addicted if it came out as a tv series (way too long to be just a series of movies).

    ReplyDelete